When we arrived, two hours early, everything was not yet completed. As a result, we have been able to customize our place a bit, which has been very helpful.
We'll discuss the perks of this place at the end of the beautiful photo series you're about to see.
|The front of the house. This is really unit 1.|
This view faces east.
|The side of the house. Our place is entered via the steps on the left. |
The steps in the center lead to the separate basement areas.
The steps on the right is unit 1.
This view faces south.
|This is unit 3 which is entirely separate from units 1 and 2.|
Our landlord anticipates having this unit move-in ready within 6-12 months.
|Our back yard. This is nearly 1/4 acre and already has fruit trees planted (apple, pear, peach, etc.)|
It also has raspberry bushes, strawberries, lots of wild sage, and what I believe is a weeping willow.
This view faces west.
|Our off-street parking. Each unit has 2 spaces and there will eventually be pained lines.|
- our neighbors are really sweet people.
- there are no noisy children above us, and no noisy neighbors next to us.
- we can walk to nearly anywhere we like.
- there are safe sidewalks on every street.
- we are close to the university, close to parks, close to the Ogden Farmers Market, etc.
- we live in a neighborhood, not an apartment city.
- our landlord is a kind, talented, and caring man.
- it's just the right size.
- the kitchen is beautifully set up, and our landlord maximized every space possible.
- the bathroom is easy to clean.
- we have permission to plant a garden in the yard if we like.
- we look out at the mountains when we sit on our steps (just turn your head a smidge to the left).
- there are no emergency vehicles sounding 5-15 times a day or night (leading towards Potomac Hospital or an accident scene).
- the main branch of the Weber County Library system is a few blocks away.
- we're close to I-15 and 89.
- we feel safe here.
- there are a ton of bike routes within a block.
- it's close to Pineview Reservoir.